Saturday, July 9, 2011

Seoul Food-The Intro

This blog is late-1460 days actually; 4-years if you're a maths instructor (or have Asian blood). After 2-years in the Northeast province of the peninsula-Gangwondo and 2-years in the mega-capital Seoul, I've eaten my way through countless Hwae-shiks (Korean company dinners), 'Seoul food'-mother’s home-cooking, after-hours street food and poser fine-dining in South Korea. But I’ve been selfish; I haven’t shared the beauty of Korean cuisine. And you really should be let in on this tasty secret.

Yes, it’s Asian. Yes, it can be cringe-worthy. Yes, random ‘meat’ can show up on your plate. But yes, it is utterly unique in the life of a self-proclaimed Chicago foodie. And yes, it is absolutely worth a second, third and even fourth look at the menu. And once you indulge in it, this love affair will always have a piece of your heart if not a piece of your taste buds.

What I want from this blog is to be able to recommend the full scale of Korean food, whether it’s good, great or just plain ‘delicious.’ My goal is to provide people with recommendations of Korean food throughout Seoul with an occasional side trip along the countryside. I’ll provide pictures, recipes and directions to the restaurant. I’m reviewing the food, the restaurant itself is an afterthought.

With my short introduction out of the way…kap-shi-da; let’s go!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so excited to be reading a foodie blog from someone I know and trust! Ohhh, tuna kimbap...it really IS all in the mayo. I must say though, the kimchibokumbap that is fried and served on the PAN is also crack-tastic hangover food.

    ReplyDelete